TOEFL iBT Preparation Course in Toronto
This TOEFL® course helps you prepare for the TOEFL iBT (internet-based test). By taking the TOEFL preparation course, you will develop the skills necessary for the TOEFL test: speaking, listening, writing, and reading. This TOEFL course uses a curriculum based on the latest version of the TOEFL® test.
The course is intensive in nature and requires a lot of work on the students' part. Students not only develop their language skills, but also have to focus on developing language, acquiring strategies and critical thinking skills that will help them prove to evaluators that they have the required skills needed to study in a North American university.
The Test of English as a Foreign Language TOEFL Preparation course is designed to help students develop the necessary skills required for the TOEFL test: speaking, listening, writing, and reading. The course is intensive in nature and requires a lot of work on the students' part. Students not only develop their language skills, but also have to focus on developing language taking strategies and critical thinking skills that will help them prove to evaluators that they have the required skills needed to study in a North American university. This class uses a curriculum based on the lastest version of the TOEFL test.
Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL Test: iBT Pearson Education
By the end of the course, we hope that you will be able to:
1. Develop strategies that will help you to activate existing language knowledge and connect it with new information.
2. Develop strategies to help you identify problems related to structure.
3. Develop reading strategies such as skimming and scanning.
4. Develop listening strategies such as listening for key words, making inferences, and identifying main ideas.
5. Develop critical thinking skills.
6. Become more comfortable with assessing your own progress.
7. Develop test taking strategies that will:
a. help you to pace yourself while completing different tasks in a test
b. develop your decoding skills in understanding what tests are asking
8. Develop strategies that will help you to make connections between what you have learned in class and your experiences in the English speaking academic world.
Hola everyone! I'm Jose. I'm 22 years old and I'm from Vigo, a city in the NW of Spain. I'm studying economics and law. I came to Toronto during one month to improve my English. When I arrived to Toronto, at the first moment I was supposed that it was a boring city, but when I started at school and I met a lot of new people I started to enjoy the city and the Toronto's life. Almost, I had the opportunity to know different cultures and different styles of life about all my friends.At the school I improved my English during last weeks. The teachers are so nice and friendly and with them it's more easy to learn and they help us always if we need something. And I can say the same about all the staff of the school.
Definitely, I was so happy in Toronto and I will miss all the people.